Project Lower 9th

This blog is an archive of design process created by multi-disciplinary students from Art Center College of Design in Pasadena. We are exploring how design can make a difference in the course of reuniting Lower 9th Ward residents. Please join our journey in helping the people of New Orleans.

March 12, 2006

What is happening in reality??

I told myself that I should spend at least half an hour everyday to surf the web and look for the grass-roots information from people about New Orleans and Lower 9th ward....and also leave the traits to our project /blog.
Along the way I found this video clip from lower 9th ward.
http://neworleans.indymedia.org/uploads/2006/03/9thwardfeb306.mov

This video proves to me that there is still a lot of frustration and struggle for original residents to come back...

I also found out that Common Ground is taking a huge part in assisting original residents on site. We visited them in February and they didn't have any utilities hooked up.... but from what I understand reading their information, their station in Lower 9th ward finally got some basic utilities....

2 Comments:

  • At 8:49 PM, Anonymous Nathan said…

    Wakako and Chris, the project has come a long way and the final direction is quite interesting and seems relevent to the issues at hand.

    I heard a recent episode on NPR about a resident of the New Orleans area. She was quite concerned about some of the issues you are addressing. If I can find a link to the episode, I will leave here.

    Good Luck.

     
  • At 8:54 PM, Blogger wakako said…

    thanks nathan:) our concept help re-open tomorrow!! you should come by:)

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home